High Potency Lipo C – Sunbear Health Supplies – 200ml
Over 60 serves of 1000 mg Liposomal Vitamin C
330mg Ascorbic Acid per ml
Gluten Free | Dairy Free
Excipients: Distilled Water, Lecithin (sunflower), Potassium Bicarbonate, , Citric Acid, Vegetable Glycerine, Organic Lemon, Herbal Active Preservative (100% Natural)
This new Lipo-C formula is shelf stable at 25 degrees C until the used by date. (we keep it refrigerated in the clinic). We recommend refrigeration after opening.
Directions: Shake well before use and consume as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Made in Australia in a HACCP Certified Facility
Vitamin C is one of the most widely recognized and used anti-oxidants in the world. This anti-oxidant plays a critical role in helping the immune system, joints and arteries heal and function properly. Liposomal vitamin C is a technological breakthrough in nutrient assimilation and offers incredible health benefits.
Much of our physiology is based on the movement of electrons from one compound to another. Unstable molecules that are missing an electron are called free radicals and they are catabolic to the body. These free radicals are formed in a cycle called oxidative stress that creates damage and instability in cells, tissues and organs in the body. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant that acts to donate an electron to neutralize free radicals and restore peace and harmony to the body.
Best Delivery System for Vitamin C:
Much of our biological chemistry is based around water and fat solubility. Just as water and oil do not mix there are challenges involved with bringing a water soluble nutrient into a fat soluble matrix such as the cell membranes. This incompatibility leads to lower rates of nutrient uptake and utilization within the cell.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin and it doesn’t interact particularly efficiently with the cell membrane wall this is made up of fatty acids. Estimates are that oral vitamin C intake has a 20% absorption rate into the bloodstream with the other 80% accumulating in the colon. Oral vitamin C intake is also associated with unpleasant digestive complaints such as cramping and diarrhea because it draws water into the colon.
What are Liposomes:
Liposomes are tiny “nano-size” fat soluble vehicles for carrying nutrients to the body’s cells. Dr Alec Banham, a hematologist at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, UK discovered the liposomal technology. “Lipo” is Greek for fat while “soma” means body. These are a double layer of fatty materials which is similar to the phospholipid bilayer of the cell membranes in the body. Liposomal vitamin C is packaged like a bodily cell so it passes through the digestive barrier and delivers the nutrient directly to the bloodstream. This has a much higher absorption rate with over 90% of the cells being bathed in vitamin C. This is even vastly superior to IV vitamin C which is an expensive but effective procedure that is done quite often in hospitals and alternative health clinics.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 14 cm|